BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

converting version 6.5 to version 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I would like to convert version 6.5 to version 17. What wold be the fastest way to do it? I tried to use the Archicad 10 converter but I do not have the version 10 of Archicad. Where is it possible to download it and is it open to use the wibukey from the version 17 to activate the version 10. Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
You don't need version 10 if you have the converter.
The converter is a self contained program that will allow you to open old files and then save them in version 10 format - which can then be opened in version 17.
Just unpack the zip file and run the program.

It should work with any current license but there may be issues if you have a codemeter key.
Also there may be some issues if you are on a Mac, but I think 10 will run OK.

You should be able to find all the answers to your questions here.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/fileconverter.html

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I downloaded the add-on and pasted it in the add onn folder in the subfolder EXtras. I used the latest version that i have (ac 13). The add on is now to see in the add on manager but it says that the add on is to old. Shoul i place the add on somewhere else or is there another thing i could do to get the filed in the newer version? Thanks
Barry Kelly
tajda wrote:
Thank you. I downloaded the add-on and pasted it in the add onn folder in the subfolder EXtras. I used the latest version that i have (ac 13). The add on is now to see in the add on manager but it says that the add on is to old. Shoul i place the add on somewhere else or is there another thing i could do to get the filed in the newer version? Thanks
I am a little lost as I have never needed to use these converters.
As far as I know it is not an add-on.
It is a completely stand-alone program that just needs to be downloaded, unzipped and then run.
Maybe someone that has used them can elaborate more.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!