BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

"not enough memory for temporary data structures ....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I am working with AC12 on a dual core Toshiba laptop. I have modeled a rather large church to CD elevations from. I can get 3 of the four elevations but on the last one I get this message "not enough memory for temporary data structures in split polygon calculation."
On all the elevations I only have 3d vectorial hatching and all one line weight on.
Any ideas why this might happen?
I do have some objects from AC11 in the file.
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Always give your full machine description. How much RAM and how much free disk space on your hard disk?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry
AC12
Mobile Intel(R), Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.46GHz
1.84 GHz, 896 MB of RAM
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP
Karl Ottenstein
Sam wrote:
Sorry
AC12
Mobile Intel(R), Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.46GHz
1.84 GHz, 896 MB of RAM
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP
I'm guessing you mean 1.84 GB of FREE disk space?

The RAM is kind of minimal - so the system will be swapping to disk. Sounds like there is enough disk space though... so not really sure. I would have to guess that you don't have enough memory installed in the system...but somebody else with similar memory should respond...

You may have to contact tech support. Never heard of this message before...

Good luck,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Sam,

You need at least one more GB of RAM.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Guys!
I the work around of pulling the elevation distance back to exclude the far away "stuff." Also saved it down to 11 and that seems to work as well. Yet I don't know why.

In the mean time I will see what I can do about upgrading the RAM on my puter.
I will let you know how that goes.
Thanks again!
Geof Gainer
Booster
Just got the same message, but I've got 32 G of RAM which I'm currently underutilizing. The message popped up after I did an SEO on some roofs.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Learn and get certified!