BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

using my plotter to print documents

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not really an Archicad problem, but there are a lot of Mac users here, so I thought I'd ask any way. I have a Mac G5 ppc and an H.P. design Jet 650C plotter. I am always getting "D" size drawings from outside sources in
PDF format. To print them out full size I have to save the document to my hard drive, then open them as external content onto a blank D size layout, and then plot that. When it is just one or two drawings, this is O.K., But most are considerably larger than that and the process can be quite time consuming. Does anyone out there know if the H.P. Plotter can be used as a printer, and if so how. I have tried to use page setup / print, but to no avail. thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use Acrobat Reader to print any size PDFs from my dual G5 Mac to either an HP Laserjet for small stuff or a Designjet 800ps for large format. Open and print. Nothing to it.

There used to be a driver to print directly from the Mac to the 650C; maybe it's no longer supported? If not you might try Gimp-print. I don't know much about it because I never needed to use it, but I've heard it offers support for older printers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I tried a driver download from H.P., and the 650C is no longer supported. When I get a break in the action, I will have to search the office and see if there might be a disk. The plotter was here long before I was. What is Gimp Print?
Learn and get certified!