BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

12 library 2009-04-01

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on the latest build (2523) but on the library 2008-10-30.
I have not updated library because of some comments by others here that the library after mine caused OTHER ISSUES and still did not fix the issue I was having, which was that some windows looked weird in 3d, and door casings still stuck out from jamb, which I've commented on before.
(Fix for casings is to lift door at least 1/8" off the slab).
So is it safe now to upgrade to 2009-04-01?
Or is it still "why bother"?
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
I'd go ahead and update, but keep a copy of the library as is now somewhere in case you need it. Try the 11 migration doors and windows, some problems, but better.

The problem I reported with missing CW was operator error . I didn't realize that the person working on the site was using a file that did not have the same number of stories as the main file.
What I found interesting was that all elements were there, but if you place a hotlink, only the elements assigned to visible stories showed. When I merged, it added the stories so that is why I and person #3 didn't catch on to what was happening. Our excuse anyway.

Placing the hotlink, all we had to do was add the missing stories with their correct heights to match the building file and all of the building was revealed. Pretty neat actually.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika
Thanks for you comment.
Learn and get certified!