BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Alexander Calder's Eagle- Bourgois Spider

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello to everybody,
i am searching for Alexander Calder's Eagle and Bourgois Spider as objects .gsm or 3ds. Can somebody help me out. Thanks in advance

BOURGOIS SPIDER.jpg
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
ALEXANDERS EAGLE
EAGLE-SPIDER.jpg
vistasp
Advisor
Angelos, I'd be extremely surprised if you found a gsm model of the objects you're looking for. 3DS is possible but I think your best bet is to look for a sketchup model in the 3Dwarehouse and modify it to look something like what you want.

Then, provided you're running on Windows, you can bring the sketchup model into AC using this plugin.

You should add some details about your version of ArchiCAD, operating system and hardware in your signature so that you can be helped better on this forum.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks vistasp for the help,
i looked at warehouse and i did not find these objects. maybe something with more luck...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another way if you have sketch up pro or a trial version of pro, you can export the model as a dwg., make sure you have surfaces set to export.

Then you can open the dwg as a "object" and bring it into ArchiCAD. This is a bit dirty in terms of editing the materials of separate parts.
But if you need an object quick this is a good way
Anonymous
Not applicable
keith wrote:
Another way if you have sketch up pro or a trial version of pro, you can export the model as a dwg., make sure you have surfaces set to export.

Then you can open the dwg as a "object" and bring it into ArchiCAD. This is a bit dirty in terms of editing the materials of separate parts.
But if you need an object quick this is a good way
3DS is a much better than DWG for this sort of thing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew,

[3DS is a much better than DWG for this sort of thing.]

will this give you better surface material control?
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
keith wrote:
Matthew,

[3DS is a much better than DWG for this sort of thing.]

will this give you better surface material control?
Thanks
Much better. Maybe even texture maps, but I haven't tried this yet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew,
I will try this next time.
I needed a quick basketball ceiling mount backboard and frame last year in AC12. Saved it in pieces from sketch up to control materials and put back together as a single part in AC. It was still faster than building the frame.

Thanks
Pertti Paasky
Expert
You can fin spider in 3D warehouse. Frank Gehry´s Bilbao Guggenheim museum model has one.
Bilbao.JPG
- AC-24 FIN - WIN 10 - HP Zbook -
“A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.”
George M. Moore, Jr.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!