Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Archicad doesn't correspond to RUSSIAN State Standarts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad doesn't meet requirements of Russian State Standards, - so called
GOSTs. The point is the drawing design appearance requirements.

There are some patch library of GDL objects (Library comply with GOSTs)
It contains GDL Objects, such as Elevation mark, Sections-Elevation tool and so on. But the lack of it is that the this GDLs are
NOT EMBEDDED IN ARCHICAD!

There are number of enthusiasts in Russia, trying to develop this free
set of GDLs.

My question: Is there way to EMBED GDL Object to a toolbox,
such as "Grid element tool" of Goodies for AC10?
And possibly attach to Next AC distributive
9 REPLIES 9
The way to have them easily available is to use "favorites".
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
The way to have them easily available is to use "favorites".
No, Favorites can only help quickly chose for certain library part,
but it does not give full functionality of dimension line.
For example an ability to quickly correct origin of level dimensions chain, using User Origing.
SPINCODE wrote:
No, Favorites can only help quickly chose for certain library part,
but it does not give full functionality of dimension line.
For example an ability to quickly correct origin of level dimensions chain, using User Origing.
Have you actually tried saving this dimension style as a favorite? It works on MY system very well. Once the dimension favorite is created, you can select incorrect dimensions and double-click on the favorite and they will all change.

BTW, you should include your version number. I am assuming that you are using AC10.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing happened!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
Have you actually tried saving this dimension style as a favorite? It works on MY system very well.
Look at pictures. I want to modify dimension line style. I want to change arrow markers on the Native dimension Line. (Not to use library parts!)

I think, that some people will prefer to use sketch style in some cases.

PS: If i will save any dimension in favorites i couldn't change their markers style!

4.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I understand correctly, you want to create new styles of the Elevation Dimension besides the ones available as default.
This is not possible for Dimensions because the Dimension Marker is not a GDL Object but is hard-coded in ArchiCAD.
There are certain Tool types (e.g. Section Tool) where you can create your own Marker style by drawing or programming it in GDL, but Dimensions are not among those Tools.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
If I understand correctly, you want to create new styles of the Elevation Dimension besides the ones available as default.
This is not possible for Dimensions because the Dimension Marker is not a GDL Object but is hard-coded in ArchiCAD.
I think, it is not good!
Only hope is to duplicate this subject in Wishes.
Djordje
Ace
SPINCODE wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
I think, it is not good!
Only hope is to duplicate this subject in Wishes.
I would really press your country distributor to address the problem with Graphisoft.

The US distributor and the biggest resellers practically single handedly defined and produced the US Archicad templates, according to the practice and the rules of the trade. I would expect that for a large market like the Russian (if you could also do something about the piracy ...) a bit more effort from your side is required, and a constantly open hotline to GS HQ.

GS does not know what you need - you do. Define the templates, work together with the distributor(s), talk to Graphisoft.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
FEATURE is realised in AC12
Learn and get certified!