Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Stairs. !ERROR!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

I am trying to make a very easy custom stair - in fact i have made one of a similar polygonal shape earlier. This time however the stair is smaller.

It is a 4 sided fill and i have included the "traffic" line as required. I select the fill and line and Design > Create Stair using Selection.

The pop up comes up and i can only select custom stair (this is ok cos its what i want to do). I select custom stair and hit ok.

I then get a operating system pop up box saying Error cannot create stair with current parameters.

THis is odd to me because all i have simply done is what i did before. The traffic line is trimmed correctly to the fill, and the fill itself is closed correctly.

In plan my stairs should be 3x 333mm tread(goings) and 4x 150mm risers. It would appear if i increase the dimension of the fill that relates to the treads (in plan) that this error does not happen.

Has anyone had this issue. Quite a simple bug or error on my behalf i'm sure. Any help or explanations would be most appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone shed some light on this problem for me? Do i need to articulate the problem more clearly?
Anonymous
Not applicable
A screenshot of your selection might help? Is your 4-sided polygon a rectangle? (and if it is, why use a selection?) Without more info the only thing I can think of is that maybe the rise x going formula does not work with default settings.

And its a good idea to add your Archicad version and machine specs to your signature (in profile), to enable people to give the correct advice.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just had the same problem. It turns out that Stairmaker assumes the height of the stair is going to match the current story's height. If the stair you are trying to create is too short to accommodate the risers necessary to reach that height, you'll get this error.

The solution is to either create the stair on a different story that has your stair's height as it's story height, or you can temporarily reduce the story height you are working on. Just don't forget to put it back!