BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Custom Windows

Mac_the_arc
Booster

Following on from my post yesterday, I decided to try and create a custom traditional sash and case window, and this was partially succesfull. However the custom window has very limited adjustable parameters so things like rebated ingoes, options for cills to the opening are no longer available. Is there any way to add these items back to a custom window.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

thanks, with a lot of hard work I think ive got a solution using the model as a means to establish the parameters and annotation lines for the detail work at 1:20 and 1:5. This would be no easy feat in Revit, but eventually you could create a window family,  but not sure how you would create splayed ingoes. AC seems to manage that much better.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru

Is it possible, yes. Is it easy, no... The door and window macro's a nightmare to work with... Can you use a Custom Window Sash instead of a Custom Window?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution

thanks, with a lot of hard work I think ive got a solution using the model as a means to establish the parameters and annotation lines for the detail work at 1:20 and 1:5. This would be no easy feat in Revit, but eventually you could create a window family,  but not sure how you would create splayed ingoes. AC seems to manage that much better.

Learn and get certified!