BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Decimal Places in coordinate code

derekjackson
Advocate
Hi,
I've made several objects where I've drawn the plan in the 2D Symbol view, then dragged the linework on to the 2D Script screen, generating the code.

I find that even if I use neat, round dimensions (in 5mm increments, for example), the resulting code has a bizarre level of detail.

For example, a point drawn at 0.95 comes out as 0.9499999999102

Any idea why this is? Is there a way to force the code to be shorter, as overall it adds to the file size of the object.

If it's just one or two lines, I can clean it up manually, but over several complicated furniture items, it gets a bit silly...
3 REPLIES 3
It is because sometimes snaps are inaccurate enough in AC 12, it might be fixed in next versions, I still do some GDL projects in AC12 so I suffer from this inaccuracy as well.

Try when moving the fill (or what You are preparing for code borrowing) use not snap to 0,0 but rather type in x0 y0 (no delta)

Best regards,
Piotr
derekjackson
Advocate
I don't think that's it - I'm now in AC 15, and the object was drawn with typed-in coordinates, so snaps don't even come into it....

Is there no setting anywhere to control decimal accuracy?
Dwight
Newcomer
People think that you are in AC 12 because your signature says so.

You might be right to concern yourself with extra decimals making your script excessively long and untidy, but I think this is wrong.

Conversion from human decimal to cyborg hexadecimal/binary units causes the irregularity you see, but it seems to me that even working with human-entered integers [no decimal places] results in a 13 decimal place number when calculated by cyborg.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!