BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Ghost bitmaps needs exorcising

David Collins
Advocate
I have finally found the time to migrate to AC13. Never having being much of a team player and wishing there were more new features for a soloist, I decided to create my own new feature by entirely reorganizing my default materials list and surface texture library. That part worked out well.

I've now created a new template file in AC 13, taking the old template from AC12 and entirely replacing the old materials list with the new one using the attributes manager. However, projects created from the new template continue to list one or more of the old bitmap images as a "missing library part/ surface texture," even though none of the "missing" bitmaps appear in the materials list of the attribute manager. Is there somewhere else in a blank file a specific surface texture bitmap file might be specified and found missing?

I can satisfy the library manager by putting the the missing textures back into a special "Ghost library" and loading that, but I'd just as soon not be haunted by the past.

Has anybody seen this problem?
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
David:

I did a quick test, and one place to check is under Materials > LightWorks Rendering Engine. I created a new material, under Internal Engine assigned a texture from a small library, then clicked the Match with Internal Engine button under the LightWorks Rendering Engine so the same texture is assigned to the LightWorks definition. I then changed the Internal Engine texture to one in the main library and unloaded the small library. The texture in the small library shows as missing, and when I check the LightWorks Rendering Engine material settings, the File Name box for the missing texture is blank. So you may need to check the LightWorks Rendering Engine materials for blank (missing) textures.

Or maybe it's something else.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
David Collins
Advocate
Brilliant, David. Lightworks, it was.

Actually, it was a little spooky. Lightworks had the new texture maps, but in two or three instances it was still using the old texture maps for the preview window, like the kind of ghosts that can only appear in mirrors.
These were old textures probably dating back to the time when I briefly experimented with Lightworks and decided to get a life instead. Deleting the materials and re-creating them solved the problem.

Incidentally, I had one of your Digital Architecture People out for a special project the other day and took a look at the 3d script for fun. What an amazing bit of GDL that is!

Thanks again!
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
David:

Glad that worked, always good to tame the Library Manager.
David wrote:
Incidentally, I had one of your Digital Architecture People out for a special project the other day and took a look at the 3d script for fun. What an amazing bit of GDL that is!
Yes, talking about needing to get a life...

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

Given that your avatar is Thomas Cole's "The Architect's Dream" maybe it's karma that you are having ghostly visitations!

Snap
Learn and get certified!