Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

I wish there was a way to convert text to either ALL CAPS or to Upper-Lower case and back again

4hotshoes
Advisor

We run into needing this all of the time. Someone leaves the caps lock on, which is traditional for architectural lettering. But it should also go the other way. Please give us a way to edit text case with multiple options. Otherwise, we have to manually type everything again to comply with company standards. A simple red button could be installed to do this.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
11 REPLIES 11

There's an Add-On that does this: https://graphisoft.com/sg/ssa/downloads

there is a version for AC25, but waiting on the Mac versions for AC26.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

@Aaron Bourgoin wrote:

I really do wish that all of these add-ons for different language versions were available on the main Graphisoft website.

And of course available for all operating systems and Archicad versions.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Wow! I never knew these addons existed! Some of these are awesome!!!

Are there some others lurking in the depths of the gs website?

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

@scottjm wrote:

Are there some others lurking in the depths of the gs website?

That was the Singapore Graphisoft website.

It seems if we have an SSA/Forward agreement, we can access the site with our GSID login.

It would be a matter of finding other country Graphisoft websites and seeing what they have and if we have access.

Of course non-English language countries may pose a problem.

That is why I think that if these are Graphisoft add-ons and they are not specific to a particular country, then they should be available on the main Graphisoft website.

It has taken a while, but we now have all of the language versions for the program itself on the main website.

Now we just need all of the add-ons as well.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
4hotshoes
Advisor

Why would such an add-on not be in the standard features for Archicad? Why do we have to search for and load something so basic and simple? It is still my standing wish for a simple task, not an add-on, please! This feature would save many hours or work. (add-on or included)

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

@Aaron Bourgoin wrote:

I wish that the page you linked to indicated the author of each add-on ... or maybe they are all Graphisoft?  With contact info, any other developer could offer to build the Mac version (much less the 26 and 27 versions) and just get it done already.  I'd volunteer and imagine others would too...

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

there was a long lag with the AC25 ones as well. Maybe James Babcock would know something about the provenance of these add-ons. Hwe was in Singapore when they were made originally.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Source code, so we could recompile or tweak ourselves would be even more amazing! 🤩🤩 but I know that's likely wishful thinking. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Barry, this is a very good point. Various regions have had access to varying add ons for quite some time, with little possibility to share. Graphisoft has established a team to address this.

We are currently evaluating this pool of capabilities and the viability of translating the most appropriate ones for a broader reach. Of course, this translation is not only concerning language but also default settings, units of measurement, and other localization efforts. We hope to start broadening the availability of selected add ons soon,