Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library Parts that contain other library parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to create a library part that contains other library parts within it.

As it is, I need the secondary library parts loaded up in the library manager to make the complete (or primary) library part work.

Does anyone know if there's a way to make the secondary part completely enclosed in the primary part, so that if you want to use it, you only have to load up a single item to use?

I realise I haven't explained that very well… but it's quite difficult to put into words…

thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Joel.esson:

I don't think there is a way to do this. You could copy the code from the called part into the master part, or save both parts as a .lcf file so all the parts are loaded at once as one file.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey David,

Thanks for the reply, I don't know a lot about .lcf files… aren't they a whole library usually? how would you save as one?

Cheers

J
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Joel.esson:

To create a container, you use the Create Container... command. You may need to add this command to your Work Environment. You will have the option of selecting folders that are in your currently loaded libraries to place in the .lcf file, so put the parts you want into one folder.

Note to Graphisoft: I tried searching the Help files (browser & pdf) with very little information available on this feature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Alright, I'll give it a try. thanks mate.

J
Learn and get certified!