BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Location Awareness

Vitruvius
Contributor
Is there a way to determine Location Awareness in Section/Elevation views? I've noted from the GDL manual that the K~,L~,M~ and N~,O~,P~ ordinates only work in perspective settings with cameras.

I want to add dashed hinge line arrows to a door symbol - only to appear in Section/Elevations windows and on the side of door from which the Section view is taken. So I need to figure out my position relative to the symbol (ie am I looking at it from 0 or 180 degrees)!

Thanks, Cameron
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
This should do the trick. (Replace my comment line with the actual code of course)
IF GLOB_CONTEXT = 4 THEN
 ! draw the opening lines
ENDIF
There is no way (AFAIK) to tell which direction you are looking, so you will have to put the lines on both sides of the door (the far side lines will be hidden anyway).

It would be nice to have a global variable that would indicate the direction of view in elevation. There are several times I wanted such a thing myself. Perhaps you would like to add it to the wish list. It should be a trivial matter for GS to add it.
Learn and get certified!