Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Machinery / tool objects wanted please

Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently working on a Technology Building for a local school (Woodwork, Metalwork, in old language, Graphics, Food Tech to follow in stage 2) and am looking for some objects to use in my model. The school want us to do a demonstration of AC10 with a possible fly-through / panorama.

Objects I am looking for include:
Woodwork - Lathe, drill press, drop saw, band saw, table saw, sander, thicknesser etc.
Metalwork - Lathe, grinder, drill press, milling machines, power hacksaw, Mig, Tig and Arc welders.

Anything resembling these items would be greatly appreciated. I have looked in a few places, Objects Online, Archibase, ArchiCAD Depository, but have come up with nothing so far. They wouldn't have to be too complex, just enough to get a feeling for where everything is.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

wood.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found some objects at http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=562198362f9c4d0b31ef15b1ca497f9 but they are Sketch Up objects, some of which would be very useful, but I don't know how to convert them to something I can use.
SUobjects.jpg
Djordje
Ace
s2art wrote:
Found some objects at http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=562198362f9c4d0b31ef15b1ca497f9 but they are Sketch Up objects, some of which would be very useful, but I don't know how to convert them to something I can use.
Place as component in SketchUp. Save SketchUp file. Open in 9. Converts to lib part. Use lib part.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Gorazd
Booster
You can find a lot of machinery and tools at TurboSquid. They are not free, and you will need to import them with 3DS in plugin, but some of them are very detailed.

http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm/stgSEK_MT/3D%20Models/stgSEK_CA/Machine/FuseAction/proces...
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to download the SketchUp plugin here, but every time I click on the Download Addon button, registration page comes up and Internet Explorer hangs. Can't fill out the detail on the form. No download.
Djordje
Ace
s2art wrote:
Trying to download the SketchUp plugin here, but every time I click on the Download Addon button, registration page comes up and Internet Explorer hangs. Can't fill out the detail on the form. No download.
Try Firefox. I have been having quite a lot of IE hanging up recently, including here. As SketchUp was bought by Google, and Firefox is also Google, somehow I suspect it will work lightning fast ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
s2art wrote:
Try Firefox. I have been having quite a lot of IE hanging up recently, including here. As SketchUp was bought by Google, and Firefox is also Google, somehow I suspect it will work lightning fast ...
Djordje - Sorry to go off subject and be pedantic, but Firefox isn't a Google product (yet) it's from Mozilla.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there another way to the SketchUp add-on download page? Can anyone give me directions please, maybe a link to the page direct, rather than thru' this pesky button? Is anyone else having problems with the Add-on link? I'd rather not have to mess around with other software. (That's like "Archicad Grid Tool is not working properly, try Revit instead ")
Gorazd
Booster
I can download the plugin with no trouble. I am using firefox but I dont think that is the reason. If you want, I can send it to you. Just PM me and indicate language and OS version.
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art, here's the URL for the download:

www.graphisoft.com/ftp/download/sketchup/SketchUp_Add-On-INT-2241-Win.zip

But seriously - install Firefox. It's so much slicker, faster, better than IE...