BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Modifying the built-in Storey marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I'm looking to develop an office-standard section/elevation marker, much like the one in the attached image. I was hoping I could just tweak the built-in one (since it does work pretty well) to display the marker this way, with a semi-circle surrounding the geodetic and the story name next to it. Could anyone help? I had a nightmare just trying to create a room label, so this is definitely beyond my area of expertise
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have not looked too deeply into the GDL of this Marker because I have not much time now, but you will need to look at LINE2, CIRCLE2 and POLY2 commands in the 2D Script. These generate the geometry you wish to modify. You will have to modify these or use similar command to create what you need.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I don't want to keep you from trying or to keep others from helping you, but I think if you are up to creating office standard markers, you should consider getting professional paid help. If you get free help now, you may get in trouble when you want to have an update made or even bugfixing... Or worse, if you 'hack' your own object, you may make the work with them ineffective for a whole office for years...

Some guys make a living of it in this topic. I'm sure they'll be glad to help you some way.

My worries may not apply to your situation, of course.

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
In this case, I would like to offer my services . I don't think it will cost that much, but I am sure I can do the job.

In case you want it for free, place a request on my topic Free Custom GDL Object and maybe I will pick it next month.
Learn and get certified!