BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Multiline Text Box

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I have a GDL object with multiple lines of text in it, some of which make the box taller or shorter & wider depending on user variables.
What is te best way to put a boundary box around the entire text, so it will automatically adjust?
exactly like the way the add/remove contour line function works in the text tool.
Is there any examples?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

GDL Reference Guide 12 / page 210

--
Hope this helps, Juha
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Sounds like a combination of using the RICHTEXT2, TEXTBLOCK and the REQUEST commands to find out the size of the text to then draw a polyline rectangle around the text would be what you would need.

I was making some progress with RichText2 but I lost a days work when my hard disk died on me as I had just managed to do a similar thing but just to make the text stretchy so I could display the text the way I wanted it by just grabbing a node like you do with the Text or Text Label tools.

Sadly I've not had time to go over it and recreate what I had made as I've actually forgotten how I did it. I do know I used the GDL Cookbook 4 as it has an example in there on how to do it.

edit
The actual chapter is here
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Learn and get certified!