BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

New Stair in project file, but can not get in new project.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The new stair is named and filed in the Stairmaker file. When I open a new project, it is not in the file. I tried to copy and paste the stair but it would not open as it was not in the new stairmaker file. How can I put this new stair in the new project stairmaker file? The stair is very complicated and I do not want to spend anymore time recreating it. A11
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
A drag and drop, or copy and paste should bring the object in although I would recommend copying the library part into a project specific library folder, in your OS, then loading that library.

What version of AC did you create it in? And are you sure you made it in StairMaker, not ArchiStair?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I created the stair in A11. I used the Stair Tool, Create a New Stair. I tried copy and paste to another A11 project and it did not work. I get the report "Missing Library Part". I used library manager to reload Stairmaker and it still does not work. I can go into the Stairmaker file of the other project and the New Stair is in the file of the Old Project, but not in the file of the New Project. Can I somehow try to move this EXISTING Stair to the new Project? If you drag the stair, you can only bring it to the Archicad individual project. If you try to open the file by clicking on it to put the stair into the correct file, it opens the project? I will keep trying and wait for a response. Thanks. Dan
I think the mistake I made is creating a new stair instead of just using the existing stair and changing the parameters?
Learn and get certified!