BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Param-o, some interesting web content

bouhmidage
Advisor

Hi, 

I found this video tutorial about Param-o

https://youtu.be/fEfV_fo7mDs?feature=shared

It pushes the plugin to it's limits,  

I wonder if there is a development of this tool, to make it more usable, and user friendly

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
4 REPLIES 4
jl_lt
Ace

Nice video.   Like many things in archicad, they are just a couple of shovelings away from finding gold. 

They actually have many many things already set in place both conceptually and technically to get past the competition, its just a matter of making everything come together, which of course, that must be the hardest part;    but its also what makes it more frustrating as a user, to see so much unrealized potential sitting right in front of us.

bouhmidage
Advisor

Since the release of Param-o , i thought it would have an annual update cycle, with major improvements, since V24 , it wasn't updated, 

it has a potential, as an assembly tool , and object creation interface, 

i used it a bit, the main handicap for me is the Inability to " touch " things in 3D , it's all node based, imagine if draw a rectangle, offset it by modifier, extrude it, and so on , i can create relations between modeled elements, add the ability to draw 2D symbols for created objects, 

thre is much more to do , 

maybe Graphisoft abandonned it, who knows, 

the object creation workflow in archicad remain it's weakest point so far, 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Karl Ottenstein

Henry did a great job introducing Param-O so clearly in under 10 minutes!  Anyone who has not tried Param-O should definitely take the time to watch the video.

The edited inserted reference to Rhino-Grasshopper seemed a bit out of place though.  And, minor caution to newer users - the example of multiplying stools was really well done... but for those people who require a furniture/equipment schedule ... it won't matter how many stools are in the grid... it will be a single object from a scheduling point of view.... and so the grid-multiplied stools would be better done by those people using the multiply/copy function to create actual copies of the stool.

As with so many features introduced with great fanfare by GS... Param-O development has been totally ignored as far as we users can see (and it took many months after the announcement as a key feature before it was even available for Macs).

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Marc H
Advisor

Great video.  A few notes:

- With the object connector you can bring in other dissimilar objects as well.  I find this helpful when you have an assembly you want to manage with parts that adjust to the main part. 
- The object you create in PARAMO may be subsequently opened in the LPM and further parameters added.

- In some cases, it will add more code than if built in the LPM.

Thank you for sharing this. I agree the UI could be easier and the unit measure options expanded. 

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Learn and get certified!