Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Problem with Archicad library compatibility

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I have a problem with my library. I used to use Archicad 4 until I formatted my disk and got Archicad 9. The problem comes here. When I open an Archicad file made with Archicad 4 with Archicad 9 there are several objects like chairs, doors, windows (almost everything except walls) that are missing and are not present in the Archicad 9 library. I cant use the Archicad 4 library because I lost the disk. Is there a way to find the Archicad 4 library over the internet or make Archicad replace all the old object with new ones on every file? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
Archicad 9 does have a sophisticated find and select feature that would help you update each library object type one-at-a-time, but this wouldn't allow for individual object parameter adjustment.

I remember Archicad 4 was still on floppy disc. 1991?

Quite a leap, eh?
Dwight Atkinson
Frank Beister
Advisor
I could extract a 4.55 library out of our archive, but I do fear that you will not have much luck with german objects. The swiss reseller has AFAIK libraries for download on its site, but this will be swiss ones. You will hav to contact your local reseller or GS HUN directly. Do you not have an old archive of an old project? If you extract it, you should get some old objects, if the library was linked to it.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Tomassi wrote:
Hello. I have a problem with my library. I used to use Archicad 4 until I formatted my disk and got Archicad 9. The problem comes here. When I open an Archicad file made with Archicad 4 with Archicad 9 there are several objects like chairs, doors, windows (almost everything except walls) that are missing and are not present in the Archicad 9 library. I cant use the Archicad 4 library because I lost the disk. Is there a way to find the Archicad 4 library over the internet or make Archicad replace all the old object with new ones on every file? Thanks.
You might want to put in an intermediate step: open the AC4 files in AC 6.5 for example.
Then, in 6.5, in the Special menu (hold down CTRL-ALT key combination while Archicad starts to make it appear), there is an Update Library Parts... command. It will update all your library parts to 6.5 format.
Then you can try opening this 6.5 file with 6.5 library parts in AC 9. Hopefully with better success.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27