BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Shower cubicle object change size for template

Sandramuller
Contributor

We made the decision that showers should be min 900mm in the office. We managed to change the default settings on the shower25 object to 900mm but the shower cubicle settings only can be changed manually. Of course I can change the size in the object settings but then it asks me to save the object.

Any idea on how to change that as default?

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

You really don't want to mess with the defaults for the objects in the default library.

You can, but you will never be able to update the library or change to a new version without making the same changes to that object again.

If you really want to, then 'save as' an new object in a folder that you can load as your 'office' library.

This will save you extracting the Library Container File (LCF), saving the object and re-creating the LCF.

It means you will need to look for that particular object in your 'office' library and not the default Archicad library.

And it will never get any updates.

What I would do is, save a favourite with the settings you want to use.

The favourites can easily be imported from one file to another.

And if you do it in your template, then all future files will already have this favourite ready to use.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!