BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Suitable masking for a simple tube

Durval
Enthusiast

I'm trying to create a closed, continuous tube without interruption.
To do this, I want to hide the line behind the Xs in the top picture.
If I remove '+16+32' from the TUBE masking, I eliminate that line by removing the initial and final edges, but I end up eliminating another line that I must keep: the one that appears in pink in the second picture.
I hope there is a masking combination that allows me to do this easily, is there?
By the way, what does "edges participate in line elimination" mean? (GDL Reference Guide, about the "TUBE" command)

This is the 3D text:

PUT -base_ovh, 0, 0, !---- profile
wall_thk, 0, 0,
wall_thk, base_height, 0,
-base_ovh, base_height, 0,
-base_ovh, 0, 0,

prof_nsp = NSP
PUT 0, 1, 0, 0, !--- path
0, 0, 0, 0,
A, 0, 0, 0,
A, B, 0, 0,
0, B, 0, 0,
0, 0, 0, 0,
1, 0, 0, 0

path_nsp = (NSP - prof_nsp) !--- quant. of path coordinates
TUBE prof_nsp/3, path_nsp/4, 1+2+16+32,
GET(prof_nsp),
GET(path_nsp)

tube-mask.png

--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

What you want to achieve is not possible this way. The TUBE has no concept of "up" or "down", since the cross section could be of any shape, so that's why you can only disallow contour lines for the whole cross section.

I suggest you change the path so the endpoints meet somewhere in the middle and not in a mitering position.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend

What you want to achieve is not possible this way. The TUBE has no concept of "up" or "down", since the cross section could be of any shape, so that's why you can only disallow contour lines for the whole cross section.

I suggest you change the path so the endpoints meet somewhere in the middle and not in a mitering position.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Durval
Enthusiast

Good idea! Thank you runxel!

--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
Learn and get certified!