BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Turning wall layers on a custom window

_Salmon
Contributor
i've been trying to do this simple window with ARCHICAD LIBRARY and before trying time and time i think it's imposible.
I'm refering to a window made with only a object not joining two windows. It's important because in windows schemes just a window should be appear.

So looking for a solution in which WALL LAYERS TURN AUTOMATICALLY:

- This two methods to personalize a window don't turn wall layers:
* model and save as window
* archiglazing

so i can't use it

- Maybe Doorwindowbuilder of cadimage can turn wall layers.

If i'm not mistaken, i think we should be able to do this simple window with ARCHICAD LIBRARY take advantage of rest of windows.

greetings

ventana.jpg
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Frankly, I am embarrassed that ArchiCAD still can't natively provide a solution that works in both 2d and 3d to such a simple window.

They need to sort out this ridiculous scenario and provide us with a 'universal' window that lets us control the number of mullions and transoms and their exact position, and also allow us to make any panel either fixed or openable in any direction, inwards or outwards, regardless of whether it would make sense to do so.

Perhaps GS should get Ralph to do a casement window version of his amazing Modular Window, and include it with ArchiCAD. I'm sure it would solve the majority of complaints in the fenestration department.

For the time being, you could try using 'W Rectangular Opening 12' which gives you an empty opening with full 2d skin turning control, and overlay your own custom built frames so it appears correct in 3d, unless anyone else knows of a better solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Frankly, I am embarrassed that ArchiCAD still can't natively provide a solution that works in both 2d and 3d to such a simple window.

They need to sort out this ridiculous scenario and provide us with a 'universal' window that lets us control the number of mullions and transoms and their exact position, and also allow us to make any panel either fixed or openable in any direction, inwards or outwards, regardless of whether it would make sense to do so.
For now it is called Door and Window Builder, but yes, I can't understand why this is not standard with Archicad.
Learn and get certified!