BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Using parameter buffers for a dynamic polygon

JGoode
Advocate

Hello,

I am looking to create something like a fill object. It doesn't need any curved sides but I would like to be able to add and remove points using nodes. I currently have an object working where I can add and remove nodes to increase the number of lines to create a fill but it is limited in that I have made if statements specifically for number of sides up to 10. I would ideally like to be able to have it automated beyond that without having to create an if statement for each possibility. I have nodes that can create additional lines infinitely, it's just a case of being able to automate those points into being a poly / fill. The only way I can possibly see this working is by using the parameter buffer but I haven't had any experience with it and I'm not even sure if this is something that's possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2

The best way would be to modify the dynamic poly line object that sincev6 has shared. 

Barry Kelly

If you have a polyline object, you quite possibly have everything you need already.

I just tried with one I have and in the 2D script it places a POLY2 and GETs the parameters from a stored array.

It is a very old version of the dynamic polyline object SenecaDesign mentioned.

So that object uses PUT to store the parameters and GET to retrieve them

It draws the POLY2 but has a frame fill status of '1' - so it doesn't close the ployline and doesn't add a fill.

So just make sure you SET the fill you want before the POLY2 command, and change the frame status to '7'.

If your polyline object does not use a POLY2 for the output, then we will have to think of something else, or use the dynamic polyline object.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/GDL/Dynamic-Polyline-base-code-object/m-p/198874

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!