BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Weather Veins

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a Weather Vein to put ontop of one of our Gazebos. The Archicad 10 library does not have one, and I am unsure how to make one. Does someone have one that they have made? Or know where I can find one??

Any help would be wonderful!! Thanks!! Michelle
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
If there actually isn't a weather vane, it is easy to make using the Complex Profile Tool.

Do you want a rooster, a duck, or a horsie?

Perhaps you want a weather vane like the one foretelling the tornado disaster in last week's Despicable Housemarms where the sun shines from the North in the scene. And it is the Northern Hemisphere! AAAArgh! Like no one would notice! Such amateurs! But a great tornado! They must have rented every wind machine in Hollywood for that!

Make a complex profile guidefill shaped like the animal and the arrow and then use the beam tool in the perpendicular direction. You make a shallow extrusion equal to the casting depth.

Then another one perpendicular without the animal.
Dwight Atkinson
If you want the compass directions, you can use the 3D Text object.

If you want a winged horse, you would need a second profile facing the other way.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Srinivas
Booster
Not sure if this is of any help, but I saw a tutorial on how to make a Weather Vein on the ArchiForma Website some time back using ArchiForma, but couldn't find any thing now.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
there are a couple at google's 3D Warehouse you could try and import, just search for 'weather vane'
Learn and get certified!