Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Object Wall Contours Parameter Defaulting to 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have setup a window object with a default Wall contour value of 1 which functions as intended when the window is placed.
However if the placed window is modified in any way the Wall Contour parameter resets to 2 and cannot be changed back.

Has anyone seen this issue before and/or has some advise as to how to resolve it or the cause.

Thank you
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
I have moved this post to 'Libraries / Library parts / GDL' as that is a better part of the forum to post such questions.

I don't really have an answer for you without having the window object to play around with.
But I do know it can happen.
I use this parameter in my windows (it used to be a built in button in the object settings many versions ago but now is only available as a parameter).

I find occasionally that this parameter sticks and can't be altered when I open and old file in a newer version of Archicad.
I never have figured out why as usually placing a new window (exactly the same object) solves the problem.
Even injecting the properties of the new window (that does work) into the old window does not fix it.

For those not too sure what we are talking about it is the option to turn on/off the side and sill lines for window objects when the sill height is above the base of the wall (see image).

P.S. This is one of my custom window objects so it is not using the same interface you would see with a Graphisoft window.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11