BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

archiforma

Anonymous
Not applicable
i want to make a GDL in archiforma and the problem is that i dont know how to make it so i can change the parameters of the gdl later when i am using it in archiCAD,like for ex. i made fence and i want to change material,no. of wires etc.
is this possible through the archiforma or i have to work that in script or...
Best Samp Regards!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
AFAIK Archiforma doesn't produce parametric parts - at least at the user level. Depending on your needs it may be best to script it directly.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Using ArchiForma you can create GDL object where just the surface material are parametric.
Look at the following example:

http://www.cigraph.it/cigraph/pagetrans.do?action=prodotti_faq&prodotti_id=2

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Karl Ottenstein
As Fabrizio says, objects created visually with ArchiForma can be saved as library objects that are parametric in their materials - and the user defines the exact textual prompt that appears for each material in the object settings dialog.

I could not get the link that he gave to work for me, so suggest as an alternative that anyone interested just download the demo verison which includes the full 148 page PDF user manual. Pages 126 onwards discuss the 'Save as ArchiCAD Object" tool (floppy disk icon in tool palette).

http://www.archiforma.com/

Each ArchiForma element can be assigned an initial material in its dialog... but also an ID (not to be confused with an ArchiCAD ID) which will be the user prompt text for the corresponding object parameter when that element is saved with others in an assembly via the "Save as an ArchiCAD Object" tool.

Simple. Visual.

Note, that the original elements should be kept (or saved as a module, etc) so that if the geometry of the object needs to change in the future, you just visually modify the original elements and create the object again.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This topic was so old, but i couldn`t stop thinking about this issue. Why don`t they use parametrics also for the dimension of the objects created in Archiforma the same way the material parameter is used. I don`t think its that hard to implement. It would be a good improvement and would add alot of flexibility. This way we could create truly paremetric gdl objects like furniture, windows, doors, etc. Or at least make parts of them and then copy and paste the gdl code with all the geometry and pametrics to make a new compound object. Would be a huge timesaving.

I know that Mr Fabrizio said a while ago that they started developing the 3`rd version of Archiforma and if we have some wishes, its a good moment to tell them so what do you think about this?
Learn and get certified!