BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

cannot get .gsm to load in library

Dave Brach
Advocate

I downloaded an object ("womanstanding2.gsm"), then exported it to my local drive where my company library is.  But it will not show up in the "objects" folder in the archicad object tool, even though I have clicked "reload and apply" and also closed the file and reopened it.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 8.09.29 AM.pngscreenshot.png
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dave Brach
Advocate

Thanks for your responses. I realized that when I downloaded the object it went into the embedded library, and that it would not show in the linked library until I deleted it in the embedded library. So now it shows up fine. 

Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

Strange!  Wonder if something is wrong with the object?  To check, try (1) just dragging the object from Finder into your model to verify if that works correctly and/or (2) open the object with the GDL editor to see if anything is reported to be wrong with it.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
DGSketcher
Legend

If it's a Graphisoft object then it may be linked to called function(s) / data that you don't have in your library. The name you have supplied doesn't appear in my AC26 UKI library, a global search or the AC27TP INT library.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution
Dave Brach
Advocate

Thanks for your responses. I realized that when I downloaded the object it went into the embedded library, and that it would not show in the linked library until I deleted it in the embedded library. So now it shows up fine. 

Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!