Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

changing the picture on a tv or picture frame

Anonymous
Not applicable
heya, i would like to change the picture on the tv and picture frame in my model. when i go into the options and try to change it it comes up with file name, but when i type it in it just says error.

do i have to drag the file into a certain folder?
thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Thomas Holm
Booster
Do a search.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Do a search.
maybe you could advise me on what to search for?
Anonymous
Not applicable
or just write how to do it.
im sure a few words wouldnt hurt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Load the pictures using the Library Manager. Then when you type the file name Archicad can find it.

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
4thorns wrote:
Load the pictures using the Library Manager. Then when you type the file name Archicad can find it.

Doug
thanks you for your help
Dwight
Newcomer
Thomas wrote:
Do a search.
Simply telling a colleague who is obviously lost to "do a search" is not helpful unless you provide a precise term that you know from personal experience will work for him.

A new user will find many of Graphisoft's terms infuriating until they "get the lingo." And this is a big problem with the "home librarian" version of search engines that need exactly the right term or they will return nothing useful.

But hope is on the horizon for improved searching methods:

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSL1244854220080512?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Simply telling a colleague who is obviously lost to "do a search" is not helpful unless you provide a precise term that you know from personal experience will work for him.
I agree 100% Dwight. Unless I am really pressed for time I will always do a search before I post....and dread every minute of it!! Unless you know the exact terminology of what you are looking for you may spend forever sifting through the results you get from a search. Don't get me wrong, I still think that people should use it as it can be quite helpful. I've often gotten tips and answers to questions that I haven't even asked yet just by clicking on topics in the search results that really had nothing to do with my original query.

Doug
Dwight
Newcomer
It is so easy to lose patience and become dismissive, but Archicad TALK is a lot like Sesame Street. A new crop arrives and needs to learn the Archicd alphabet. Archicad needs a memorable character like Sesame Street's "The Count."

Help me out, here, complete this: "I am the _______!"

It is just as true now as before computers that you need the lingo. While in the old days, experienced sailors "showed the ropes" to the new guys, and perhaps also showed some of them "the rope," what we do now is "tell the lingo." Half of any new skill is learning the associated words. Not that every problem can't be solved with the complex profile, [according to me]. Sort of like every English word coming from Greek,[ except "kimono."]

Also, in Archicad, problem solving is also often lateral. A guy makes a circle and it has five straight sides. Duh? Magic Wand settings fix that. Hooodathunkit? Search for that, why don't you?

A rendering takes twice as long as before? Anti-aliasing set too high.
Hooodathunkit?

All those mysteries, solved. Let me show you the "clove hitch" now.

http://www.geocities.com/roo_two/clovehitch.html
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Help me out, here, complete this: "I am the _______!"
From what I can tell you are the "Light Keeper"........Well.. LightWorks" keeper at least!!
Also, in Archicad, problem solving is also often lateral. A guy makes a circle and it has five straight sides. Duh? Magic Wand settings fix that. Hooodathunkit? Search for that, why don't you?

A rendering takes twice as long as before? Anti-aliasing set too high.
Hooodathunkit?

All those mysteries, solved. Let me show you the "clove hitch" now.
It looks like you've answered all the questions ever asked by Archiman. If you ever come up with the "Meaning of life" then there will be no need for the forum!!