BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

keeping libraries when upgrading

I have found a way to have all my libraries open when I launch a new project without having to add my downloaded library objects using the Library Manager. It turns out that all I need to do is place these downloaded objects into the "Archicad Library" folder located within the AC (ver. #) folder. I also found out that if I created a library folder tree that matches the folder tree of the AC Library Ver.# and place my downloaded objects into the associated folder in the tree (eg. "Door" folder / "wood door" folder / "type" door folder and so on) I have access to all of the downloaded objects using the icons in the design toolbox. Now I have the library working the way I want I am concerned about what will happen when it comes time to upgrade to the next version of AC. When the upgrade happens will the installation software ensure that the objects I have downloaded will get placed into the new version of AC's "Archicad Library (Ver.#) folder or will it require that I manually move the download folder tree to the new library folder. While I understand that moving folders is not difficult to do it is always nice if the upgrading software does it automatically. Does anyone at AC know what will happen?
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you will have to copy your library object folder into the newly installed ARCHICAD version's "ARCHICAD Library" folder. Each new version uses its own library.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru
You could just add the folder all of your downloaded objects are in to your template. Icons in the design toolbox?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!