BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

"Standard Detail Marker" - text pen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the Standard Detail Marker (which is now quite a comprehensive tool) not have the abilty to modify the pen of the text? I can't find a setting anywhere. This is quite annoying.

Has this changed in 9? I'm on 8.

Another drawback of all of the detail markers, is that none of them can be used as a sectional detail marker on an elevation. ie. so that they show as a marker with an arrow head.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ray:

In the US version (ArchiCAD 8.1.0 v2 USA 2284) the Standard Detail Marker parameters has a section named Uniform Text Format. If this parameter is changed to "Off" and the section expanded, there are parameters available for setting the text pen for both the Detail Identification and the Sheet Identification. I don't know if the library that comes with the AUS version is the same.

Hope this helps.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
In the US version (ArchiCAD 8.1.0 v2 USA 2284) the Standard Detail Marker parameters has a section named Uniform Text Format. If this parameter is changed to "Off" and the section expanded, there are parameters available for setting the text pen for both the Detail Identification and the Sheet Identification. I don't know if the library that comes with the AUS version is the same.
Thanks for your reply David,

In our Detail Marker (ArchiCAD 8.1.0 v2 AUS) when you expand this you only get an option for setting the Text type, size, style & pen of the Sheet Identification only, nothing for the Detail Identification.

The pen of the Detail ID is set to a default pen 7, and looking at the parameter list when I open the object, all the text settings for the Detail Identification have an "X" to make them invisible in the object dialogue box and have "(default)" written in the parameter name. I've no idea why whoever wrote this object would think that users wouldn't want to be able to set the text settings for the Detail ID.

I ended up making a copy of the marker and modifying it to allow these parameters to be set.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ray wrote:
In our Detail Marker (ArchiCAD 8.1.0 v2 AUS) when you expand this you only get an option for setting the Text type, size, style & pen of the Sheet Identification only, nothing for the Detail Identification.

The pen of the Detail ID is set to a default pen 7, and looking at the parameter list when I open the object, all the text settings for the Detail Identification have an "X" to make them invisible in the object dialogue box and have "(default)" written in the parameter name. I've no idea why whoever wrote this object would think that users wouldn't want to be able to set the text settings for the Detail ID.

I ended up making a copy of the marker and modifying it to allow these parameters to be set.
Ray:

For what it is worth, I had a similar problem with the Marker Object in ArchiCAD 9, and fixed it using the procedure you described. I'm glad you were able to figure this out, Graphisoft should correct these objects for those users who don't know GDL.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!