BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

/w Half Round Fix 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All..

I have put in a /w Half Round Fix 10 window, and when I switch into 3D or Elevation mode with no grilles, its fine. However, when I added ANY "Sunburst" mullion, (the HV Grid worked), I get "Polygon is Degenerated. at line 396 in the 3D script of file Casement_Segmented_a_10.gsm" Is this something that is fixable?? I would really love to have a starburst grid on my windows, and can not STAND that errors everytime I switch views. Please help!!

Thanks,

Michelle Cutrara
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
First a general note: Because of potential library bugs in a variety of parts, "always" look at the plan and axo views of a library part inside the settings dialog before placing the object. Any bugs will show up there, before placement, and avoid headaches down the road.

A quick test verifies the bug you see at the default size. If I make the window 5' wide, then there is no error. Alternatively, at small sizes, if I change the wall type to 'solid wall', the error message goes away. (I'm trying these things directly in the window settings dialog with the axo preview selected.) One of these will probably resolve your problem, but perhaps not with the final appearance that you want...

Being that this is in ac 10, no point in filing a bug report with GS. If it happens in the equivalent 11 lib part, then file a report. 😉

Hope that helps,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Some window library bugs - and I believe this or a similar one - was fixed in the latest library update for AC11.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!