Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

window trim display

cremsberg
Participant
I am trying to get version 12 window (W1 Casement 12) to show casing in plan & 3D. I have selected "both sides" under "Casing" in parameters, and I still get this (see attached). Are there other controls for whether casing is displayed? I have checked parameters and the casing has width & depth.

no casing.png
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
In the window parameters, what is the wall type? Your screenshot shows a solid wall, so it should be just 'studwall'. But, if you are using partial structure display, maybe you just have 'core only' on?

If you select the window with the default settings and place one in the same wall, do you still not see any casing?

There seem to be quite a few bugs in the windows/doors, but invisible casing isn't one that I've seen.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
cremsberg
Participant
Karl -

In this case it is a simple wall (not composite), though I am using composite walls and Structure Display more and more (and love them!). Window settings seem to be as you've indicated with your red arrows. Are there controls for window casing display that are outside of window settings parameters? Window parts from AC10 library are showing casings, but I am trying to move past using AC10 library parts.
Claire Remsberg

Karl Ottenstein
Setting the PSD to "Core Only" turns off the trim - could that be it?

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
cremsberg
Participant
Karl -

Yes, you are right - with AC12 windows, the trim does not show in "Core-Only" mode. Do you know - Is there any way to override this so that window trim DOES show in Core-Only mode? Older window parts do not seem to behave this way. For some projects, I like to see the trim width on floor plan, but not the wall finishes. Maybe this is not industry preference and I am out of luck?
Claire Remsberg

Karl Ottenstein
Yes, I think you're out of luck. Only the 12 lib parts understand 'core only' (etc) since that feature was introduced in 12. Earlier windows/doors will not display properly in that mode - particularly if you try to generate an RCP.

I think the assumption is/was that one would want to show trim when showing the complete model, including finishes. But, that core-only was for structural work - which would only be interested in the RO of a window/door (model view option set to not display the window detail).

Cheers,
Karl