BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Strange "zombie" key appeared on co-workers computer - saves corrputed?

Noah808
Participant

A co-worker of mine uploaded his GS-license and downloaded it to a laptop so he could work from home. When he went to save and return to his desktop at the office the file loaded like normal then reverted back to the old save while he was opening the file.

When we looked at the backup file and the autosaves they were all of the old file before he uploaded his key.

We also noticed he could login and run archicad from his desktop without a key. When we looked at the GS license tool on his desktop this key appeared and even though it says key content is not accessible he is still able to run archicad from it. 

Noah808_0-1701463483352.png

Needless to say this has me stumped. We also use google drive so I am unsure whether if the saving was a google drive issue.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

This may be of interest on the Google Drive side of things...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Sync-utilities-and-issues-with-Save-operation-i...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Fascinating. We've been using Google Drive for a few years now. We have had a handful of similar instances but nothing this strange. We of course are backing up to physical drives. However, the backup process is not instant. It seems to lag a day behind. I am curious what other people use for a data environment. Google Drive has been convenient due to its ease and accessibility. Our team is in various locations and some travel quite a bit. Something mobile and scalable is a must for us. 

Learn and get certified!