BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D view off only 2 stories?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I only show 2 stories in the 3D-view?

E.a. I want to make a 3D-view of the ground floor of my house and the terrain underneath it. This to show the interior of the house. How can i select the story of the' terrain' and the 'first floor' story to make 3D-view of it?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Srinivas
Booster
You can filter stories that you want to view in 3d by using the "Filter Elements in 3d" dialog box.

View Menu > Elements in 3d View > Filter Elements in 3d, just select the stories you want to view in 3d.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dave,

One other option is to use 3D Cutting Planes. Located in: View>Elements in 3D View>3D Cutting Planes...

A dialog box will open allowing you to draw cut lines through one, two or three axes at the same time. This is great for on-the-fly viewing, presentation and 3D document purposes.

Check out the "3D Document Tutorials" section on this link: http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac12/new-features/

Chapter 3 demonstrates the 3D Cutting Planes feature very well.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tips!

Using those 3D cutting planes doesn't seem to be that easy if not familiar with it, and on the link I can't find the tutorial for the 3D Documents?
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dave,

Here is the direct link to the Chapter 3 flash video: http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/marketing/ac12/nft/03-3DD-03/03-3DD-03.html

The videos can be viewed on the link I posted earlier by scrolling down to the appropriate section and clicking on the link next to the image. The videos are also included in the ZIP file download link for eachsection, along with the tutorial .pla files. I see that you are using the Start Edition though, so you may not be able to open the files.

I find the 3D cutting planes to be invaluable in presentation, model exploration and 3D documentation. You can get some really cool results in a short amount of time. Perhaps if you spend a few minutes with 3D cutting planes you will start to see how easy they really are, you just have to understand the way they work. One tip is that you can define your x,y or z values by clicking the corresponding icon and typing your value. For example: if you want to eliminate everything above your first floor from view, click the "z" icon and type the upper height limit of your first story. Voila! Everything below this z-level is visible, the upper stories are hidden.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Learn and get certified!