BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3d perspective window is completely blank, I can view the model in axonometric, but nodes are gone.

Brockrh13
Participant

Model was working fine, then all of a sudden my 3d window went completely blank.  I have been trying to fix this for hours and sometimes I am able to see a wall or 2 in perspective, but I am unable to select anything.  I am unable to move or orbit in perspective.  I am able to view model in axonometric; however there are no nodes on any model elements.  I have tried selecting the model in plan view and " show all in 3d" but this does not work.  I have also tried "fit in window" but have had no success.

I am using archicad 25 on a 2019 MacBook pro, running windows with bootcamp

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

If you switch the 3D Style to use the 'vectorial' engine, do you see anything then?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

do you have your modelled elements in one location but have one or two other 3D elements that are 42 kilometers away from the main model?

this can make your 3D window appear to be empty, but in reality, you're viewing all elements that are so far away from each other that all you'll see is the empty space. if you Select All, you'll see many nodes on one end of the 3D window & a few at the other.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

I found some object that is extremely far away from the model In plan.  I am having trouble deleting this object.  What would you recommend to delete this?? It is almost as if I can not select it...

thank you for the help!

is there a way to marquee my model and delete everything except what is selected?

error.JPG

You can turn all layers on.

Place an all storey (thick) marquee around what you want to keep.

Use find and select to select all outside of marquee and delete.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!