BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 10 disappearing Find&Select palette

I am working on a project in 10 and re-encountered this problem which I remember was pretty typical but can't remember how it was fixed, and can't find anything in Search although I am pretty sure it was discussed at some point.

The 'Find and Select' palette is not showing any more --the menu highlights when I hit the shortcut, or responds as if everything is OK when I use the menu command, but the palette doesn't show. It is not hidden under some toolbar or window, and I already tried changing screen resolutions back and forth, and opening the file in another AC session.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the palette is off screen (usually due to previously working on a higher res display) you should be able to get it back by switching work environments. Of course this doesn't fix the troublesome WE. For that you need either to rebuild it from similar bits or temporarily plug into another monitor.

If this is not the problem then I'm not sure what to do.
IT WORKED. FINALLY IT WORKED. The trick was quitting, opening a new file with the standard template and profile, and then without quitting opening the problem file, checking that Find & Select opens, and then changing the WE as needed. Don't know what the logic is, but could never bring it back in any other way.

It is not directly, or exclusively, a WE problem --the WE is the same I have been using forever on this computer and this file. I finally remembered the method as I was explaining in a reply how everything I was trying didn't work. Thanks for the dialog, I wouldn't have remembered without your reply.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's always been a quirky thing. In principle no window nor dialog should open outside the current display, so perhaps once you get it to behave it will stick to the new setting.
Matthew wrote:
It's always been a quirky thing. In principle no window nor dialog should open outside the current display, so perhaps once you get it to behave it will stick to the new setting.
I mean, it happens as you are working on it --I had been working on this file for days, these last weeks, including for hours during the day it happened until it happened, on this computer and no other computer. There is some action that triggers it. It probably doesn't happen any more in 11 and 12 because I hadn't seen it for a while.
Learn and get certified!