BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

AC24 mirror copy walls leaves a gap in the copy ?

mthd
Ace

I have mirrored and copied walls to create the other side of a joined duplex but it has made a gap on the other side between the wall junctions. 

I have applied many troubleshooting methods but cannot resolve the problem. It’s absolutely bizarre ?

A bit of background, I was thinking it may have been an element on another layer like a hidden column but I couldn’t find one. I am not sure but I did have to delete a column from my previous design option. The program may still be thinking that a column is still present in that position on the other side and is hence making a gap. I have also tried the join walls tool all to no avail.

If anybody has had a similar problem please show me how to resolve it. 

Please see image attached.

Edit: Image removed.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Did you try turning every layer on and also display all (Ex/Demo/New) in Renovation filters. Select "Show all" in 3D.

It looks like the column may still be present.

You could also use Open & Repair in case the delete was corrupted.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Xandros
Expert

To check if it's a hidden element on another layer interfering with your walls, you could temporarily change the layer intersection group number to something different. If this is connecting your mirrored walls, you might turn on all layers with the same layer intersection group to find the culprit and maybe check in your 3d filters if all elements of all storeys are visible.

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Did you try turning every layer on and also display all (Ex/Demo/New) in Renovation filters. Select "Show all" in 3D.

It looks like the column may still be present.

You could also use Open & Repair in case the delete was corrupted.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thank you for your help. I now have an understanding of how to prevent walls from joining and that will come in handy down the track.

Yes as we expected, the column was still present on a hidden layer. I had a layer set for “show all” but I didn’t take into account that new extra layers would not be included in that selection. I hid the pillar so one of my 2D elevations would display correctly for my previous design option. Thank you for your help.

Learn and get certified!