Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Align 3D texture gone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What happened to the "Align 3D Texture" drop down option that was available in every past release before AC21?

It used to be in the Design drop down menu, and was quite helpful if I wanted to center a wall fill to a ridge on a gable end, for example.
5 REPLIES 5
it moved to the "Creative Imaging" item on the Document Menu.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see. Thanks.
Karl Ottenstein
Steve and other Mac users... MacOS has always had a feature to make it super easy to find menu commands regardless of where they are. Enter the command in the Search field of the Help menu and all matching instances will be listed. As you hover over the matches, the corresponding menus will visually unfold showing you the command location ... or you can just click and perform the command. 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

Wow... you mean I've been using this thing for 11 years and didn't know that!?

That is incredibly handy.
Karl Ottenstein
Steven wrote:
Karl,

Wow... you mean I've been using this thing for 11 years and didn't know that!?

That is incredibly handy.
🙂 We can't know everything, try as we might. 😉

Rather than click, I should have mentioned you can just use the arrow keys and the return key as well. So, start typing 'align', then since your hands are on the keyboard anyway, just arrow down at the matching commands and press Return to run the command (vs hover/click option).
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB