BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 19 problems I have come across

Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD 19 problems I have come across:

File>Open>Open>Select file and "Launch new instance of archicad"
1. wont work in an already existing second instance of archicad
2. Doesnt seem to work with 2 instances of 19 already running
while trying to open it from the 1st instance, it will just sit there stalled on a not yet loaded 'untitled' file and does not progress further.

I saw it mentioned elsewhere, but I have come across the problem myself
Im unable to group 3d elements in cross section anymore, but can do so in plan when this was never a problem before in previous versions.

The New 'Tab' toolbar:
I like it so far but it needs tweaking to be of any real help:
you are able to drag around tabs on the bar but not able to customise how different tabs are displayed.
Particularly when you open a navigator view it always puts it to the right of the active tan instead of what could be a more logical order of grouping similar tabs together

1. There is no way of having anything other than 1 storey showing on any 1 tab at a time, id like to be able to have access to different floor from the TAB if the idea is to reduce the necessity of having the navigator open all the time

2. When you close the 'Storey' TAB it acts like you have selected File>Exit
And asks if you would like to save before quitting.

3. When opening up a 'Details' window it always opens another TAB with no way of it stopping doing this (In the case of details id like to be able to have only 1 Detail Active on the TAB Bar) I can have up to 160 details on a job and will switch between them quite rapidly at times for copying/checking purposes, Id prefer to not have to close down the 160 details that would clutter up the TAB bar at the top, everytime I use it

The 'New Tab' navigator popout button, that is built into the tab bar would be good if you could only add a view to the tab bar using this option
however when I open views from the navigator it will relentlessly add any views i open to the tab bar, which i dont really want (all the time)

In summary it would be good if similar tabs were grouped together
ie Elevations, Sections, Plans, Details, Layout and in a logical order like so
with the option to customise each Tab set

The ArchiCAD person 'Man Hands in Pocket' that has been in there since oh i dont know v6.5, has been the same person unchanged in the last what 15 years?
how about a person where the skin colour/texture doesnt bleed onto the clothing collar and that doesnt look creepy and unrealistic.
It can still be a simple gdl model/object just get something looking a bit more up to date perhaps
8 REPLIES 8
Nuge
Advocate
Methy,

Yes it would be great if we could have many different floor plans tabs open at once.

If you want details to open in only tab then check the "prefer to open in an existing tab" in the More options section of the work environment.

Nuge
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont seem to have that option in my work environment

Even when reverted to the standard 19 template
Barry Kelly
methy wrote:
2. When you close the 'Storey' TAB it acts like you have selected File>Exit
And asks if you would like to save before quitting.
That is because you are closing the floor plan.
Archicad has always done this when you try to close the plan window.
It is no different now with TABS.
All the TABS do is take the controls (minimise, maximise, close) for the open windows (views) and line them up in the TABS instead of at the top of the window.
It also allows you to right lick on the TAB of course for a context sensitive menu.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
methy wrote:
I dont seem to have that option in my work environment

Even when reverted to the standard 19 template
This is what you are looking for.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the Tab function not work on a Mac? I have it on my Windows laptop (and really like the feature) but on the office Macs it's grayed out and not available in the Work Environment as you show.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Regarding any tab issues, you may like to read our rather extensive blog post on the subject to get a better idea of the behavior:

A Definitive Guide to Tabs in ARCHICAD 19

Cheers,
Link.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
siteline wrote:
Does the Tab function not work on a Mac? I have it on my Windows laptop (and really like the feature) but on the office Macs it's grayed out and not available in the Work Environment as you show.
Make sure you don't have an undocked window selected and also that the Legacy Window Mode is off - Options > Work Environment > Legacy Window Mode (is NOT checked)
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Legacy Window Mode! Who knew? Thanks James!
Learn and get certified!