BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad wall texture problem

riyadist
Booster

Dear Community,

When I try to place a window into the complex wall profile the interacted parts gets bottom part of color like these doors. It should be blue. Any advice?

riyadist_1-1689932509730.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

@riyadist wrote:

Could you show me how to apply this script? I am newbie.

It is really not something you want to try if you have no GDL experience.

Editing the Graphisoft objects is not something to be done lightly.

Sure you can make a change, but you will never be able to update those objects in future library updates or Archicad version updates, unless you go through and make the same changes again.

You can 'Save As' the objects as new objects in your own custom library, but again they will never be updated with new features and will stay as they are, unless you learn to script you own library objects.

The code I show in the other post needs to be used in place of the standard WALLHOLE or WALLNICHE commands in any window/door object.

You will need to add some new parameters to the objects for the upper and lower surface materials and also the height so you can adjust that as well.

Also new parameters for 'pen_lin' and 'pen_lin_int' which will be the pen colours for the lines around the WALLNICHE.

That really is about it.

If you are familiar with GDL then it should be a fairly simple task.

But if you have no experience then it will be a bit tougher.

If I get a chance I will create and empty opening object (no frame) that maybe you can place over the window.

It means you will have 2 objects but that is better than adding the side surfaces one at a time.

I will make it so the side surfaces sit just inside the opening size so they should cover the sides of the actual window object.

I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution

OK, here is a window opening that will add a very slightly over-sized opening to what you specify (only 0.00005mm wider each side so you shouldn't notice).

That is just so you should always see the opening sides and not the actual window sides.

It is saved as an LCF (Library Container File) because it has a couple of macros as well.

Just unzip the attached file and load the LCF as a separate library or add it to a library you already have loaded (then re-load in Archicad).

You can use it on its own as an opening, it can even have a raking head.

It can be a plain opening and should automatically detect the reveal side / other side finishes and you can choose which one you want to use.

Or you can choose to split it and it should automatically use the reveal side / other side finishes.

You can also choose to split the reveal side and/or the other side, and then you must choose the materials you want for the upper and lower portions.

Height is adjustable with hotspots.

BarryKelly_0-1690182250692.png

I have no idea what the default materials should be to match your templates.

I just picked random materials based on the AUS template.

So just overlay this (window) opening over your windows or doors.

It was scripted in version 22 so should work in any version 22+.

Hopefully it works OK.

It may not work for everyone.

It is set to work in composite walls with up to 3 skins (outer, cavity, inner), but it seems to work in walls with more skins.

The vertical split is set by the reveal depth, so although there is no window frame, you still set a reveal depth as if there is.

Barry

Versions 6.5 to 27

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
riyadist
Booster

I work on huge complex projects. Is there any quick solution?

Unfortunately you can only have one material to the sides of the windows and doors.

You can of course place tall thin slabs, or morphs, but that is time consuming.

There is a solution if you want to do a bit of GDL scripting, but I would not recommend that with the Graphisoft objects.

See this post ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/How-to-make-two-different-finishes-from-the-co...

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thanks Barry for the reply.

Solution

@riyadist wrote:

It is really not something you want to try if you have no GDL experience.

Editing the Graphisoft objects is not something to be done lightly.

Sure you can make a change, but you will never be able to update those objects in future library updates or Archicad version updates, unless you go through and make the same changes again.

You can 'Save As' the objects as new objects in your own custom library, but again they will never be updated with new features and will stay as they are, unless you learn to script you own library objects.

The code I show in the other post needs to be used in place of the standard WALLHOLE or WALLNICHE commands in any window/door object.

You will need to add some new parameters to the objects for the upper and lower surface materials and also the height so you can adjust that as well.

Also new parameters for 'pen_lin' and 'pen_lin_int' which will be the pen colours for the lines around the WALLNICHE.

That really is about it.

If you are familiar with GDL then it should be a fairly simple task.

But if you have no experience then it will be a bit tougher.

If I get a chance I will create and empty opening object (no frame) that maybe you can place over the window.

It means you will have 2 objects but that is better than adding the side surfaces one at a time.

I will make it so the side surfaces sit just inside the opening size so they should cover the sides of the actual window object.

I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Solution

OK, here is a window opening that will add a very slightly over-sized opening to what you specify (only 0.00005mm wider each side so you shouldn't notice).

That is just so you should always see the opening sides and not the actual window sides.

It is saved as an LCF (Library Container File) because it has a couple of macros as well.

Just unzip the attached file and load the LCF as a separate library or add it to a library you already have loaded (then re-load in Archicad).

You can use it on its own as an opening, it can even have a raking head.

It can be a plain opening and should automatically detect the reveal side / other side finishes and you can choose which one you want to use.

Or you can choose to split it and it should automatically use the reveal side / other side finishes.

You can also choose to split the reveal side and/or the other side, and then you must choose the materials you want for the upper and lower portions.

Height is adjustable with hotspots.

BarryKelly_0-1690182250692.png

I have no idea what the default materials should be to match your templates.

I just picked random materials based on the AUS template.

So just overlay this (window) opening over your windows or doors.

It was scripted in version 22 so should work in any version 22+.

Hopefully it works OK.

It may not work for everyone.

It is set to work in composite walls with up to 3 skins (outer, cavity, inner), but it seems to work in walls with more skins.

The vertical split is set by the reveal depth, so although there is no window frame, you still set a reveal depth as if there is.

Barry

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!