BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Architectural Model displays differently when hotlinked

LFBIMMAN
Booster

Hi All,

I am having an issue where our architectural model looks different when hotlinked in to our structural model.

I have checked story settings, composites, deleting anything far from origin & wall linking but cant seem to make ground on fixing the problem, has anyone experienced this problem before? 

The architectural model was made by our sister office that has a lot less experience with ArchiCAD than we do, I didn't know if they have changed a setting that is causing this as I have never come across this before after 8 years of working with ArchiCAD. 

Pictures Attached. 

Thanks

Architectural Model 1.png

Architectural Model 2.png

Structural Model 1 .png

Structural Model2.png

  

3 REPLIES 3
mattsharon
Newcomer

I completely understand your frustration with the architectural model looking different when hotlinked into the structural model. It's certainly puzzling, and having a less experienced ArchiCAD user involved adds another layer to the investigation.

While I can't diagnose the exact issue without more information, here are some steps we can explore together to narrow down the potential causes:

1. Deep Dive into Hotlink Settings:

• Compare Hotlink Module Manager settings: Double-check that both models share identical settings for Layer Combination Options, Merge by criteria, and Operator Elements. Even minor discrepancies can cause visual differences.
  • Verify Layer Visibility: Ensure all relevant layers are visible in both models and their layer combinations within the Hotlink Manager. Sometimes hidden layers can create unexpected results.
  • Check "Filter by Level" and "Filter by Story" options: Mismatched settings here could lead to missing elements in the hotlinked model.
Barry Kelly

The bulk of the model looks fine.

It just seems to be those 2 larger skylights.

What is different about those compared to the 2 smaller ones?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Your storey settings are the same between the hotlink and host file? Though in the hotlink settings, you can set it to retain the original storey heights.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!