BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Attributes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a project file that only includes the Layers and Layer Combination for Demo plans. I use this file to set up Demo plans in other project files. The issue is when I bring this file into another project file via the attribute manager none of the settings come in correctly. For example the Demo plans only show existing and demo walls. when I import this into a project file the layers that are properly set in the file do not show correctly. Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You aren't doing anything wrong. You are just not doing the tedious job of making sure that all your layers are not only named identically but also share the same index numbers. Which job you could have had no idea was necessary (until now I suppose).

Unfortunately Layer Combinations require that both the names and indexes match to transfer successfully between projects. Any layers that don't match up perfectly will be hidden by default.

The quick fix is just to repair the combinations in each of the affected files.

If you want to prevent this recurring you will need to make a master set of layers of which you can then use subsets in your various project types. There is much more to this. It is one of the more advanced and most frustrating aspects of Attribute Manager (and attributes in general). I can't cover all the details here. You might do well to do a search on "Attribute Manager" here or in the Wiki.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew,

Thanks for the reply. This is much more complex than it needs to be.

I'll let you know if I get it to work.
Erika Epstein
Booster
What if instead of creating the demo file from scratch, create it from your regular template file by deleting all but the layers etc. needed to create your demo plan.

This should retain the index numbers, layers and layer combinations. This also eliminates errors from [my] poor typing and spelling.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!