BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Black holes in our software

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi people of AC, I just want to express my disappointment for some historical "black holes" of our software, i hope only for italian version....

- In historical buildings refurbishment, we need a lot of niches of all shapes and with different border, obliquely despaired jambs (?) etc , but we have only the rectangular one, and the simple arch vaulted.

- Its not normal to have so much possibility in defining wads (?), I mean the right and left part of window connecting to walls, in plan, and so poor and simplified detail of joint between window and wall in sections, without the turning of wall layers...unusual windowsill (?)/threshold in Italy. The Allplan way
to define windows and holes is much more detailed and flexible and builder like.

- Same for trapezium window, only rectangular wads....

- And the beams how many more release to have finally curved and rising both?

- Window was always Joy and penalty of AC....

- I need to connect also multilayer (constance of thickness) roofs not only simple ones

I hope soon to have simplified modeling and creation of parametric objects,
a very big flexible niche for all types we can imagine also with all forms of jambs, at last also the trapezium window flexible as rectangular one, and
a siplyfied way of modeling and connecting multilayer walls and roofs.

Riccardo
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is very important to have in the next release the same complexity in section of plan about of connection between windows and walls, now we need to correct them in 2D drawings, but when you need to have different solutions in different part of the buildings, it's hard to make several details when it could be enough
have only the same detailed connection of plan also in section.
Learn and get certified!