BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Changing door elements

maurotrotta
Booster

I am a begginer in Archicad so this might be basic but can´t figure it out. I create 3 different door sbase on an exisiting one by default in Archicad library. They are place in embeded library. I have placed some of this doors in the project I am working on, but I would like to be able to change some of this doors to other ones I have created. For example, I have one with 88 cm opening that I would like to change to another one of 76cm opening that I had already created. I read about the Syringe command, but I found that way of doing it kind of complicated. I would like to simply change from a door element to another I had already in the library, so in case I need to change multiple doors I can do it all at once. If I do it with Syringe it will take forever. Hope my problem is clear

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

try saving the one you want applied as a favorite. Then select the doors that need to change and apply the favorite to them by their element settings (little star icon in the upper left corner of the door settings)

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

try saving the one you want applied as a favorite. Then select the doors that need to change and apply the favorite to them by their element settings (little star icon in the upper left corner of the door settings)

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
4dProof
Advisor

also, you can quickly select groups of doors by drawing a marquee around the area containing just those doors, select the door tool from the tool box, then com+A.
this avoids the tedious task of shift clicking each door (almost as bad as injecting each door one at a time)

Learn and get certified!