BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Composite wall - outside and inside lines not continuous

jrmrt
Booster

We are working on a retrofit where we will be adding an air barrier and insulation over the entirety of the existing walls of the building.  The way that we prefer to do this is to set the existing walls as existing, and then show the insulation addition to the wall as a separate wall, and set it in the new construction renovation filter.

The composite we made for the exterior improvement has a thick red line on the inside to symbolize the new air barrier.  For some reason, on inside corners there is a break in the continuity of the red line.  There is also a tiny discontinuity on the first material layer - see the image attached.  When I change the Junction Order, all it does is to change the location of the discontinuity.  Changing the layer priority also doesn't make a difference.

Hopefully, there is an easy fix that I'm not seeing.  Thank you for any help!

I'm running AC 24 on a M1 MacBook Pro running OS 12.7.2 (Monterey)

Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 10.58.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 11.17.05 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Thank you for the suggestion, but as you noted, the end lines are already turned on for this composite.

But, your suggestion did help me find the solution - the end lines need to match the pen number of the inside or outside line, depending on which material is strongest.  For some reason, I thought that the pen number next to the material determined the pen number for the hatch pattern, which was obviously wrong.  The hatch pattern parameters are in the Building Materials settings.

Either way, this works!  Thank you!  See image attached.

Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 5.27.41 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Go into your composite settings and turn on the end lines.

BarryKelly_0-1702433014165.png

Sorry I only looked at one image.

I see in the other the end lines are on.

Be sure this is the wall you have used in the plan - it is usually the solution.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

Thank you for the suggestion, but as you noted, the end lines are already turned on for this composite.

But, your suggestion did help me find the solution - the end lines need to match the pen number of the inside or outside line, depending on which material is strongest.  For some reason, I thought that the pen number next to the material determined the pen number for the hatch pattern, which was obviously wrong.  The hatch pattern parameters are in the Building Materials settings.

Either way, this works!  Thank you!  See image attached.

Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 5.27.41 PM.png

Learn and get certified!