BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Convert objects to MEP Elements AC 27

squall_tmo
Booster

Hi,

When I try to convert an object into a MEP Element (quite hidden in the standard Work Environments, since it seems to me like it only appear when you right click with a MEP object selected), it moves to the bottom of the visualization order.

I even noticed (but I don't know if it's my fault or if it's "By design"), that trying to connect a pipe to a MEP element doesn't change the size of that Pipe to adapt to the terminal (as it used to do in previous versions)...

From what I can see it seems to work normally with Ducts!

Another stuff that I can see is that when you choose a connection from the element settings, you cannot understand what connection you are editing in the element...

Up to AC 26, when you selected a connection from the terminal settings that connection was even highlighted with a triangular symbol: it was quite thin, but now it is better than nothing.

Am I wrong somewhere?

Many thanks for reading!

2 REPLIES 2
jfaugustine
Booster

As discussed in several other posts on this topic. It appears that the MEP modeler in ArchiCAD 27 was redesigned, but not fully vetted nor completed prior to release.  Several shortcomings have been noted including migration / incompatibility issues, lack of scheduling, unable to assign properties, etc.  It is supposed to be completed in a future, yet to be announced release.  In the meantime, ArchiCAD 27 is not a viable product for an architecture / engineering team.

Joe A.

ArchiCAD since 8.0 

ArchiCAD since 8.0, currently on 22, waiting on 26, maybe...
Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear @squall_tmo ,

The workflow is the following:

1. Place object (or have an already placed object) with MEP connections
  2. Convert object to Equipment
  3. Make sure that the system of the connections is the same as the route you are connecting to
  4. The pipe will connect properly

I have also create a short video showing the workflow you can find it below.

Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!