BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Curtain Wall Reset Custom Segments

Has anyone found documentation about the "Reset Custom Segments" button works? I've searched the online manual and can't find a reference to this button.

I'm editing a curtain wall that has two sides (two planes and a corner node). I know that this effectively creates two editable schemes, but when I press the button to reset, it appears to destroy one of the schemes. Should I ignore the yellow triangle and keep going.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

The yellow warning triangle means you have customised (edit mode) one particular part of the curtain wall (same for stairs and railings), so it no longer conforms to the overall settings of the curtain wall.

When you reset, you will lose all of the custom settings you have made and those custom components will switch back to using the overall settings.

So if you have specifically customised parts of your curtain wall, I would not reset them.

However this means that any overall settings you make will only apply to part of the curtain wall (or maybe none of it), and not the custom segments.

Once you go into 'Edit' mode and customise individual parts, you really need to keep using 'Edit' mode to make changes.

You can select multiple elements to 'Edit' all at once, it doesn't have to be one element at a time.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

The yellow warning triangle means you have customised (edit mode) one particular part of the curtain wall (same for stairs and railings), so it no longer conforms to the overall settings of the curtain wall.

When you reset, you will lose all of the custom settings you have made and those custom components will switch back to using the overall settings.

So if you have specifically customised parts of your curtain wall, I would not reset them.

However this means that any overall settings you make will only apply to part of the curtain wall (or maybe none of it), and not the custom segments.

Once you go into 'Edit' mode and customise individual parts, you really need to keep using 'Edit' mode to make changes.

You can select multiple elements to 'Edit' all at once, it doesn't have to be one element at a time.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry!

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!