BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Display order question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone tell me why whatever you're placing or drawing isn't necessarily always on the top of everything else? Usually this isn't a problem but I've run into it twice today. I don't know of anything different that I'm doing than I usually do.

Rick
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
because there is a default element order. There are 14 "levels". If you want the things "up" or "down", or "back" and "forth", you will have to "move" them using the display order commands

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Display%20Order

It took me 17 seconds to find this on the Wiki, and 65 to type this. Therefore you owe me 49 seconds
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
It took me 17 seconds to find this on the Wiki, and 65 to type this. Therefore you owe me 49 seconds
New Wish - Algebra in forum threads...
Brett Brown
Advocate
I think Rick is commenting on the stupidity of when you draw a line, it is hidden and you have to select it to bring it to the front. Why on earth is a line or text not automatically on the top layer by default (6 and 5 now). You are hardly likely to draw a line or text for it to be hidden.

You could ask the question of a user defined level for elements. Would save a lot of time
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
We have the alert Window that sometimes (e.g. when creating a Grid System that appears on multiple stories) comes up: "As a result of the last operation, elements have been created on currently unseen stories" or something similar.

In such a case the following could happen:
1. The element just drawn that is not hidden below another element becomes selected.
2. An alert comes up informing you
3. You can click a button to bring up the element in Display Order so that it is visible or click another button to leave it as it is.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Djordje
Ace
s2art wrote:
Djordje wrote:
New Wish - Algebra in forum threads...
Duuuuh ...

One second interest?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!