BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door Marker ID question.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way if your using the door marker to get the door number from a zone. Is there a way to set the element ID manager to look at the room ID and assign a counter if more than one door has the same room ID?
101A
101B

Room ID = 101
Door ID= a,b,c...ect

?????????
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes and no. But mostly no. There are ways to do it but when I have tried it was impossible to get the results my clients were looking for. I forget the details now. It may have been an execution order issue or maybe they just didn't like to have to tell the door which zone it belonged to. It is definitely more trouble than it should be.
David Shorter
Advisor
All it requires is a few lines of script added to the master script and a couple more to the parameter script of the gs_general_door_macro.gsm. Then every GS door can detect the zone the door opens into and report the room number under the location parameter. We have it included in the next release of the Australian Essential Library (available to the Australian users) and hopefully in the next update of the australian edition of the ArchiCAD library 12.
If you need it or want it ask Graphisoft.
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Learn and get certified!