BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Element selection AC16

KeesW
Advocate
I have struck a snag with AC16. I am looking at an axonometric projection of a building and want to select walls to trim to a roof. Every AC version that I've owned, back to AC 5.5, has enabled me to select walls and/or roofs with my cursor after activating them in the toolbox. In this version, activating say walls, does not enable me to select them. In fact, activating walls in the toolbox, then hitting control-A to select them all does absolutely nothing. Yet at other times it works - but I don't know what I've done to prevent it.

It is probably something very simple but I've not had this issue before. Is this another 'helpful' new feature built into Archicad or should I simply discard 14 years worth of experience and start learning it again from scratch?

Ggggrrr!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
It still works as before but what messes it up now is the new "select sub-elements" option for the arrow (selection) tool.

Make sure that the selection option for the arrow is set to "Normal" selection.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
KeesW
Advocate
Thanks Barry. I wondered if Morphs has something to do with it but couldn't figure out how. Every release really does get more complicated, doesn't it! Everyday things that used to be simple, e.g. this use of arrow to select things, or 'cropping' instead of trimming when adjusting walls to roofs, etc., require more keystrokes, alertness and concentration. Are the gains justified? Maybe?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Learn and get certified!